Tiny Beautiful Things

Monday, February 11, 2013



You guys. It's Monday. Hope the weekend provided a much needed break! As declared last week, completing just one of my weekend goals would be a victory. Well, consider me victorious!

I finally finished Cheryl Strayed's Tiny Beautiful Things. Such a sharp, witty, sometimes painful, and very real read. Cheryl is so empathetic, fearless, open and honest about who she is, her life, and journey -- and gives "pitch-perfect" personal advice like no one's business. Plus, I also fell in love with her titles: "The Future Has an Ancient Heart," "Hell Is Other People's Boyfriends," "The Empty Bowl," "You Don't Have to be Broken for Me," and "The Ghost Ship That Didn't Carry Us." I look forward to indulging in her other acclaimed works, Torch and Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail. And soon! Sometimes, there's nothing better than a cozy reading session with the husband and kitties. If knowledge is power, then words are sexy!

What are you reading lately? Any recommendations?

10 comments:

  1. I'm actually in the process of searching for recommendations. (: I'll check back and see if other people give you some good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your endorsement, it encourages to read these!! Totally following you! Follow back @ http://sarahstylespot.blogspot.com/ <3 Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Paris Wife. Have you read that one?


    Would love it if you stopped by sometime!


    Love from South Africa


    http://arumlilea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! Definitely going to have to check her books out!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Giovanna! I loved reading her perspectives and insights for very real-life situations. Hope you check it out -- I think there's something for everyone in it. Wishing you a lovely week!


    xo
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lea! Yes! I read The Paris Wife last year and absolutely loved it. Glad to hear you felt the same. You have a beautiful blog! I will be visiting! Wishing you a lovely week!


    xo
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always pick the good ones. It's mine next!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah! I loved reading her perspectives and insights for a variety of life situations. Hope you check it out -- I think there's a little something
    for everyone. Hope you're having a great week!


    xo
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah! Thanks for visiting. I hope to find some good ones too! I think Torch is next for me. Happy day!



    xo
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for visiting Sixth & Olive! I'd love to hear from you! If you have any questions, you can also email me at sixthandolive@gmail.com. Cheers! ♥