Lately

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I don't know about you, but we're still recovering from the Super Bowl in the worst possible way -- the defeat of our beloved team. While I have plenty to say about it and the bad referee calls (hello?!), it's not nice, so I've opted to keep quiet. Here's to hoping for next year! To soften the blow, I've decided to bask in the sunny glow of our recent adventures.

It's been an adventurous couple of weeks -- the weather hasn't quite made up it's mind yet -- ranging from chilly 30's to balmy 80's. A few weekends ago, we took advantage of the unexpected warmth with a beach picnic and reading session. The whole afternoon was picture perfect and we had our special beach spot all to ourselves. I've decided to keep that day in my pocket and heart forever. There's no compare.

My DryBar Groupon was on the verge of expiration and I decided that a week started at the DryBar had to be a good one. And it was indeed. Having curly hair, a blowout is eternally desirable, but loose, beachy waves are the ultimate. For me anyway. Thanks to the DryBar for always making my hair dreams come true. For a day at least. I apologize for the bathroom shot -- I had to document its glory. And it seems that a bathroom self-portrait is kind of obligatory these days anyway. Had to join the club. My favorite style is the Cosmo-Tai. What style has claimed your heart?
Oh, and here's Murdoch. Being his little sunbathing self while we caught up on some very important reading. Well, I did anyway. This boy slept through it all. So much for counting on him to take notes!
It's Wednesday, and you know what that means. The weekend is in sight. Any special plans? Valentine's is officially on the horizon. Like always, I'm behind, but rely on my super speedy procrastinator skills to kick in at any moment. Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Love the hair! Gorgeous! I hear you on Superbowl recovery... I actually babysat Colin Kaepernick a few times when we were kids. He grew up on my brother and sister-in-law's block and when I visited in the summer, I was the neighborhood babysitter! I was really hoping they would pull off a win with him at the helm... :( If we hadn't had something as mundane as moving to Spain to do, I might still be dwelling on it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! The DryBar holds a very special place in my heart. I hope one day to learn their magic ways.

    What a cool story and memory! Colin Kaepernick is my favorite! What a talent -- plus, he seems like such a genuine and great guy. I'm sure it was a bit surreal to cheer him on. He was put in an unexpected situation this year, but did an awesome job. Here's to hoping for next year!

    Hope you are enjoying your new adventures in Spain!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful beach shot! Jealous :P xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lauren! If it makes you feel any better, it was just a heatwave and has since passed. Hope you are staying warm in cold Canada! You make cold stylish!


    xo
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Josephine! You are so sweet. Thanks for visiting.


    xo
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for visiting Sixth & Olive! I'd love to hear from you! If you have any questions, you can also email me at sixthandolive@gmail.com. Cheers! ♥