It Has Always Been You

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Today's the day! The day of hearts. Whether you have a night out or in with your girlfriends, special someone, or kitty, I hope it is kind to you. For many years, Valentine's Day was never a favorite of mine. Until one day, I met a certain someone who made me a complete softie.

Nine years ago today, my then-boyfriend/now-husband asked me the sweetest and easiest question: to marry him. Yes! Three-and-a-half years later, we tied the knot. While we had a rather long engagement, I wouldn't have had it any other way. We were young! In that time, we finished our degrees, grew in life and love, and built a life in our shared little apartment. While we've had countless memories throughout the years, some of my favorites are the quiet, day-to-day moments. The silent routine. A sense of knowing. I will always treasure our "Law & Order" marathons, impromptu kitchen dance parties, and making banana pancakes at 2am. Our concerts, movies, travels and adventures. New Zealand. Italy. Kauai. Seattle. Ashland. San Francisco. San Diego. Monterey. Santa Cruz. Cambria. Mendocino. And everywhere in between. No matter where we have traveled or lived, his heart is always home. 

Thank you for letting me gush about my valentine and favorite partner in crime. Hope you do a little gushing today if you feel so led. Or not. Whatever you decide, I hope your weekend is happy and kind. Be sure to treat yourself to something special! You deserve it. And are loved.

quote via Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes, you just need to gush. (: I'm glad you had an adorable, awesome Valentine's Day back then, and I hope you have many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! Yes, sometimes you do! :) Thanks for your sweet comment. Hope you had a great Valentine's Day and are having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Heather!


    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for visiting Sixth & Olive! I'd love to hear from you! If you have any questions, you can also email me at sixthandolive@gmail.com. Cheers! ♥