Dear CT

Tuesday, December 18, 2012


Dear CT,

With horror and heartbreak, we watched the scene unfold on an early Friday morning. While there is nothing that I can contribute to the conversation that hasn't already been said or would prove effective, I would feel remiss if I didn't acknowledge this. The loss is devastating and far beyond words. My heart breaks at this senseless tragedy and the lives of those that were stolen, not only from themselves, but those that loved them.

As part of the public education sector, this situation is especially sensitive and strikes a universal chord. School is a place in which all children should feel noticed, safe, supported, praised and loved. To violate this trust, sense of care and community is unconscionable. While I am not yet a mother, I hope to be one day. I cannot imagine the pain and heartbreak of these families, but am overcome as an observer. Please keep these bright, brave children, fearless teachers, and their families in your mind and heart.  If you feel so compelled, please send letters of support and care to the families of this unspeakable tragedy. As shared on A Cup of Jo earlier this week, all correspondence to Sandy Hook Elementary School and families can be sent to the following address:

Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Newtown, CT 06482



0 comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for visiting Sixth & Olive! I'd love to hear from you! If you have any questions, you can also email me at sixthandolive@gmail.com. Cheers! ♥