Can You Keep a Secret?

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Can you? As a young girl, I was notorious for inadvertently telling immediate family members what we got them for Christmas. You know that skateboard you wanted? Oh, yeah. It's yours. The Mrs. Tea tea maker? Under the tree. Yikes. But please know, it wasn't intentional -- I started out strong, denying any knowledge, but caved when pressed. The pressure! 

For the first several years with my then-boyfriend/now-husband, I fell into a similar pattern. Those surprise-haters sure know how to work those with gift secrets! I was so excited about his gifts that I often told him about them straight away or gifted them early. I just couldn't help myself -- I couldn't wait! There really is a gift in giving. Gifting is my favorite part. That and making pretty packages. Well, I am proud to say I have learned a few things since then. I have been a successful secret-keeper and gift-hider for a number of years now and plan to keep it that way. How has your track record been? Do you spill the beans or keep it locked up tight? As shared, I now keep mine under lock and key. And in my car. So if I see you going for my keys around this time of year, you've got another thing coming. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thanks for visiting Sixth & Olive! I'd love to hear from you! If you have any questions, you can also email me at sixthandolive@gmail.com. Cheers! ♥