March Madness

Friday, March 15, 2013


This March Madness stuff is real. And it doesn't just apply to basketball. I feel like I've been getting a real butt-kicking lately -- the same old song and dance of too much to do in too little time. Wah wah, I know, but it's true. While I'm loving this Daylight Savings business, my body is still adjusting and is not so happy to see those mean, early mornings. In a few weeks, I'll be completely enamored, but March has its very own kind of magic that still has me craving a cozy hibernation of sorts.

It seems like the only "me" time lately is when I'm cooking dinner. Does that count? Whatever, I'll take it! To make it an all out party, I usually have one of my favorite movies on in the background. I finally watched The Family Stone the other night while laboring over a pistachio pesto, making our little feast. It's one of my favorites and has been waiting ever-so patiently in our DVR queue since December. While it's a holiday movie, I'm convinced that holiday movies are completely appropriate, refreshing, and fun at any time of year. Surely, I can't be the only one who indulges in a bit of White Christmas, bickering but loving families, and winter romances during the off-season months. Suffice to say, it made my night and very well might be the reason I make it to the weekend. That, and our Take-Out Thursday tradition last night. Hope you're hanging in there! We can do it. Boom.

1 comments:

  1. Love DST so much too....but like you, my body clock is still getting the hang of it. Glad to have found you via Instagram....hope to see you around!!


    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for visiting Sixth & Olive! I'd love to hear from you! If you have any questions, you can also email me at sixthandolive@gmail.com. Cheers! ♥