Seeing Green on Word Wednesday

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I can't hide it any longer. Like many, I'm utterly in love with Pantone's 2013 Color of the Year: Emerald. I love to discover the "it" color for each new year, despite playing it safe and sticking to my usual palette of gray, black, navy and stripes. While it may seem trivial, it's a powerful visual inspiration and literally sets a fresh tone for the year. I've always had a secret soft spot for green (mint and kelly, especially), but a few years ago, I was completely taken with Keira Knightley's emerald gown in Atonement. I haven't been the same since. I'm in deep! Such a rich and vibrant color, it's bold and timeless all at once. Here are a few things I'm loving lately. And wise words to get us through the week!

How do you feel about the Color of the Year? Even if you're not completely loving the sea of green, I'm sure we can agree that Keira's dress was simply perfection. Yes?

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the color!!! Hopefully this means they will make more things in this color. I would wear it more, but I seem to not be able to find it that often! And some great words to live by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyns! Yes, pretty! I've seen some super cute things at Forever 21 and H&M. Maybe a shopping trip is in order? I love the words too -- I think they'd be a great addition to my little workspace. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about emerald! My decor is white with some black and pops of emerald and metallics. I remember that dress. Perfection...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather! Glad to hear you're loving emerald, too. Your colors are lovely -- sounds like you have amazing taste! Yes, that dress! Ah! Hope you're having a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love thsoe gorgeous shoes!

    coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy! I so agree -- they are stunning! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for visiting Sixth & Olive! I'd love to hear from you! If you have any questions, you can also email me at sixthandolive@gmail.com. Cheers! ♥